Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Catch Up

Well Hello there! 

My name is Graison Liam and I need to catch you up on the last 2 years of my life! 

When I was born my mommy was only 34 weeks pregnant!  I decided to come to this world Saturday April 28, 2012 at 7:05 pm.  I weighed 5 lbs 3 oz and was 19 inches long!  The nurses were actually surprised I was that big! 

I had to spend the 6 weeks I was supposed to be in mommys belly in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) because my lungs were just a little but under developed.  While I was in there, I had to be put on lung growing steroids, I had to use a nasal cannula for my oxygen, and I had to be under the wallaby light 2 times (bilirubin therapy) because I had jaundice.

Because of my jaundice, I had to have supplemented formula added into my breastmilk so I could gain some weight and grow big and strong.  Like my daddy says "Gotta eat to grow!" But time went on and I was finally healthy enough to go home with my mommy and daddy! 

I took to breastfeeding really fast and it became my FAVORITE type of food!  I hit some milestones like crawling, standing, grabbing things, and so mommy started giving me other foods like squash, sweet potatoes, and bananas.  I didn't really care for green beans or any of that meat baby food (YUCK)!! 

Then I turned 1 all of a sudden!!  I really liked my caterpillar cake my mommy made, I put it all over my body I liked it so much.  I started walking a few weeks after that, then running came. 

My daddy deployed to Jordan for the Air Force, so mommy and I stayed at ALL of my grandparents houses for almost 7 months!  Then we went back to Washigton from Montana and met daddy at the Airport!  I missed him sooo much that I wouldn't let him go!  Even if we go places now I still want him to put me in the car seat, take me out of the car seat, and hold me or push me in the carts at stores!!  I still love my mommy though!!! 

I have been getting better at sleeping in my own bed, and I don't drink breast milk anymore; strictly cows milk for me!  Mommy says when we visit my granny great in Utah, that I will try goat milk, I wonder if that will be good! 

Well I hope that's a good story for now, but I am going to go because I need dinner!! I am a hungry, growing boy!  After dinner it is bath and then bedtime! 

So until I write another story, good bye! 

Sincerely,

Graison 






No comments:

Post a Comment